I read this book over a few days and it can probably be read in 1-2 hours if one desires.
The book is a parable or fable and takes place in the Middle East and near the time of Jesus. In fact the book is about Jesus and selling Christianity to others as well as becoming a Great Salesman.
The Ten Scrolls provide the following advice to be read each day, three times per day, for 30 days before continuing on to read the next scroll, or roughly just shy of 1 year of study:
1. Today I will begin a new life, I will form good habits and become their slaves (good habits shall replace bad habits)
2. I will greet this day with love in my heart.
3. I will persist until I succeed.
4. I am nature's greatest miracle.
5. I will live this day as if it is my last.
6. Today, I will be the master of my emotions.
7. I will laugh at the world.
8. Today, I will multiply my value a hundredfold
9. I will act now.
10. I will pray for guidance.
A short read, that is pretty good though easy to figure out.