chrisross

chrisross

Only Andy Fastow could think up something like this

Conspiracy of Fools: A True Story - Kurt Eichenwald

I listened to the audio book and it is OUTSTANDING!  It's on the long side at 25 discs though very well written and engrossing.

I have read or listened to other books by Kurt Eichenwald and enjoyed them so when I saw he was the author of this one I borrowed it and I am happy that I did.

Of course anyone in America who has not lived under a rock since 1999 or 2000 knows about the collapse of Enron. This book takes you all the way back to its founding and how Ken Lay became the CEO.

Ken Lay was a horrible CEO in my opinion and did not understand the businesses that were created on his watch and under his nose and gave way too much power to his lieutenants.  This being said Andy Fastow is portrayed in the book as both stupid and evil while at the same time being smart enough to have earned an MBA from Kellogg School of Business he allegedly does not understand Accounting 101.

I'm really surprised he is now out of prison and on a speaking tour and has spoken at CU Boulder, I wonder what about?  I would not listen to a word he has to say.

Skilling, equally put too much faith in Fastow and was a poor COO and is portrayed as being aloof, while pushing for quarterly earnings, and emotional and likely bipolar.

This is a really good book that will help the reader understand all the wrong doing that went on and why the company collapsed.